The White Horse – Burnham Green
Concept and Short Description of Pub
We are a progressive company looking to attain an excellent reputation for food and drink in the local area. The White Horse is the latest pub in a growing family operated in partnership with McMullens. We wish to continue and expand on the excellent work carried out by our executive chef in delivering a menu of classic pub favourites and homemade internationally inspired dishes. Based in Burnham Green, close to Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn and Tewin. The food offer is quality modern British and international dining in our bar, restaurant and for functions including weddings, anniversaries and birthday parties. Served in a friendly, professional manner. We always strive to go above and beyond the customers needs.
The White Horse are looking for a full time Chef De Partie to assist in our busy kitchen.
The successful applicant will be passionate about good food and have experience working with fresh ingredients. Have the ability and qualities to assist and work alongside our Head Chef and Sous on running a kitchen smoothly and efficiently whilst working well to produce quality food in a new and exciting environment.
- You will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting dishes assigned to your responsibility.
- Ensuring the preparation work is done to allow the head-chef and sous-chef to quickly send out meals to a high standard
- Ensure the chef’s stations are always well stocked with anything they may need throughout the service
- Maintaining a safe, tidy and hygienic kitchen at all times
- Assisting the head-chef and sous-chef in a anyway that contributes to the smooth running of the business
You will need to:
- have good cooking skills and a passion for working with fresh ingredients,
- work well under pressure,
- show creative flair in designing and preparing dishes,
- work as part of a team and follow instructions quickly and efficiently from the head-chef,
- Previous experience is a necessity for this job role although, we are open to chefs looking to better their job role and better their experience, helping to produce a high quality menu showing off essential skills and love of food.
The job offers the right candidate opportunities to progress and to develop your own ideas in an expanding business.
This is a live-out position
Job Type: Full-time
You must be hard working and love the buzz of a busy kitchen.
Approx. 40 hours a week five days a week (including weekends)
From £18,500.00 subject to experience; bonus incentives + generous tips and staff/family discount scheme
Please collect an application form from the White Horse to apply or call on 01438 798100 or email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Look at our website www.whitehorseburnhamgreen.com