Are You A Couple Looking to Work in Hospitality?
The White Horse – Burnham Green
Concept and Short Description of Pub
We are a progressive company looking to attain an excellent reputation for food and drink in the local area. The White Horse is the latest pub in a growing family operated in partnership with McMullens. We wish to continue and expand on the excellent work carried out by our executive chef in delivering a menu of classic pub favourites and homemade internationally inspired dishes. Based in Burnham Green, close to Welwyn Garden City, Welwyn and Tewin. The food offer is quality modern British and international dining in our bar and restaurant as well as catering for functions including weddings, anniversaries and birthday parties. Served in a friendly, professional manner. We always strive to go above and beyond the customers’ needs.
The White Horse are looking for a couple to join our team. We require team members confident in the roles of Sous-Chef, CDP, Front of House Waiting & Bar Staff and General assistant roles.
One partner will preferably be trained as a sous-chef, with the other fulfilling any one 0f the roles listed.
The successful applicants will be passionate about good food and have experience working with fresh ingredients. Have the ability and qualities to assist and work alongside our Head Chef on running a kitchen smoothly and efficiently whilst working well to produce quality food in a new and exciting environment.
Key Skills for Sous-Chef/CDP positions:
- The ability to demonstrate kitchen skills to the highest level;
- A confident, self-motivated, driven and professional person;
- Assisting on Maintaining or raising profit margins on food;
- Sourcing food from various companies and liaising with suppliers;
- Welcoming personality;
- Ability to work with restaurant staff to better the Dining experience
- You will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting dishes assigned to your responsibility.
- Ensuring the preparation work is done to allow the head-chef and sous-chef to quickly send out meals to a high standard
- Ensure the chef’s stations are always well stocked with anything they may need throughout the service
- Maintaining a safe, tidy and hygienic kitchen at all times
- have good cooking skills and a passion for working with fresh ingredients,
- work well under pressure,
- show creative flair in designing and preparing dishes
Key Skills for Front of House Roles:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Friendly and confident. Good selling skills
- A real foodie, who has an appreciation for fresh produce
- A strong knowledge of wines and different beverages
- Energetic and positive demeanour
- Ambitious passionate individuals who want to be part of something special and contribute to a team and help the pub grow
Previous experience is a necessity for these job roles although, we are open to those looking to better their job role and better their experience, helping to produce a high quality menu showing off essential skills and love of food.
Opportunities to progress and to develop your own ideas.
This is a live-in position. You will have your own kitchen facilities and shared bathroom facilities in a flat accessible without going into the pub.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Sous chef, Junior sous or Senior CDP: 1 year or experience working in a customer facing role: 1 year.
This is an excellent opportunity for a couple who thrive working together in a growing and popular restaurant and bar, with opportunities for promotion and self-improvement.
If you believe you and your partner could fill any of the roles listed, then we are waiting to hear from you.
Approx. 40 hours a week five days a week (including weekends). Couples days off and free periods will be scheduled to coincide where possible
Candidates are entitled to bonus incentives + tips and generous staff/family discount
Please collect an application form from the White Horse to apply or call on 01438 798100 or email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Look at our website www.whitehorseburnhamgreen.com